Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Creature...

This is Kudzu...

About the name - kudzu is a vine that was imported to the US to stop land erosion.  Most people know it as an annoying weed that gets into everything, smothers all it comes into contact with, needs constant attention and supervision and is infuriating as hell.  If you've met my creature, you'll understand the name. 

When I adopted him the animal shelter assured me he's a chihuahua mix, but I think he looks like a giant sewer rat.  That's all a matter of opinion, though.

Does he look mostly look like he's come to warn Mr. Harry Potter?

Or, does he look like an unholy union of plague rats and tree monkeys?  (Watch out, his bite will make you a zombie.)

I've also known people who say that he looks like Mr. Burns (excellent...). 

When he's excited, he makes a noise that sounds like a tonton from Star Wars, but he usually sounds like an average grunty beast.

Anyway, he's my four legged child and I love him dearly.  Although I do tell him the only reason I love him is because that was one of the conditions I agreed to when I adopted him.  And it's pretty worth it since I get to come home every night to a cuddly beast that adores me unconditionally.


No comments: